Tuesday, November 25, 2008

On the bright side...

...the reason for even going to Vegas a second time turned out to be AMAZING. Best money I've ever spent on entertainment. The JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE and FRIENDS benefit concert! AAAAaaaaH! It was better than I could have ever imagined. We went with the knowledge that we would see Justin Timberlake perform and a few other guest performers that were unannounced. We didn't expect anyone TOO special.


We heard that the Jonas Brothers were going to be there.... unfortunately... So turns out they were. They opened the show, followed by Stomp OUt Loud (which was an awesome dance/rhythm routine put on by these people's bodies combined with garbage lids and such) = pretty sweet. THEN who walks out on stage but one of my FAVORITE new artists--LEONNA LEWIS!


I just love her and she did SOOOOOO GOOD. She is one of the most talented female artists out there, in my opinion. THEN, THEN after her beautiful performance, the stage clears, everything goes dark......and suddenly reaming from the darkness is this perfect harmonious melody.... flawlessness in every note.... it could only be one group.......... yes, YES BOYZ II MEN!


OH MY GOSH! When would you ever get the opportunity to see them in concert these days!?!?! Wow... I was blown away by the beautiful music they create so effortlessly. That was one of the most pleasant surprises. Though, they keep coming... we are not nearly done yet. After them, good ol' RIHANNA comes out singing Disturbia, followed by a few other hits.


Sweet sweet, could this get any better? Besides Justin of course. No. Then comes a 'new artist' who Justin discovered....and in the midst of her second song, who joins her? JUSTIN HIMSELF!


WOOOOO yay! He is so good... so entertaining. Performs a few hits, followed by more hits, but is then joined by ADAM LEVINE (lead singer of Maroon 5) for a duet.


AMAZING. Then JT performs more, to then be joined with a little reggae/hiphop sound performed by mr WILL.I.AM (of the Black Eyed Peas).


AWESOME! Then after even more songs, who comes out?? 50 CENT! He performed his own song, and then did a hit with Justin!


WOW. This must be the finale because I don't know who else could possibly make this even better. And just when you think the concert has come to an end.... no, Justin brings out one of his most inspirational mentors, hiding behind a piano, to slowly turn and be revealed as LIONEL RICHIE and they perform an amazing duet on the pianos that was just beautiful.

Wow.. what a concert! You could not plan to see all of those artists! I thought our tickets were a bit expensive at $176, we were a little unsure if we wanted to go..... but after going, I would pay that again EASILY for such an amazing variety of performances! If he does this again..... I AM SO THERE.

*side note, my live pictures are sparse, I only remembered to grab my camera when the person in-front of me was snapping away, but then I got sick of it. I just wanted to enjoy the show!*

3 comments:

The Ostlers said...

I cannot believe you got to go to that concert! I heard about it and thought to myself "I hate anyone that got to go to that!" Dang you Durb...

Natalie said...

I am consumed by jealousy.

Wow wow and double WOW!!!

You are not even kidding that that was probably the most amazing concert of all time, and for the price... I mean, seriously, you could not do better.

And can we just discuss the opening picture of all the beautiful blondes? Muchas boobies aside, I've never seen such a hot batch of hotness. And please tell Kaydee I can't tell which one is her. My guess is Megan's next to you, and Kaydee's next to Burl, but I'm like 12% sure. Fun with pretend twinners!

VTS said...

Holy crap! Now that sounds like a friggin' great concert! I'd never really got onto the JT train, but I'm slowly becoming a fan. AND, along with Natalie, I must comment about your hotness in that pic. Whoa momma! Back up!