Friday, November 21, 2008

Awe shucks...

the anxious readers have convinced me to write SOMETHING about Vegas (round 2). So here goes....this story is 100% true, no exaggeration or fibbing.

Day one... after a long drive, a long walk, a long wait in line, we finally get our turn to check in to the new and fabulous Planet Hollywood. Only to realize, that I left my wallet in the car... So I make the long walk back to the car, and long walk back to the counter so I can verify my identity. FINALLY, 9 hours after leaving Layton our trip is ready to officially begin. We head to the room, anxious and excited to breath in the fresh scent of Vegas (an oxymoron I know). Nonetheless, I insert the key, open the door, inhale deeply, and quickly regret the decision because our room SMELLED...STUNK, a RANK MORBID smell that I don't even know how to describe. It wasn't something I couldn't place... not smoke, vomit, feces, B-O, or anything I knew the smell of already. I think what I smelled, what we all smelled, was death. HONESTLY... I wouldn't know the smell, but if I had to guess, I would have thought and old rotting corpse was lying beneath the bed covers. I quickly rush to the bedside phone to call the front desk to demand a room change. And what do I find? The phone was out of order. Didn't work whatsoever. LUCKILY, there is another phone across the room on the desk. I pick it up... ALSO OUT OF ORDER. The smell of death+out of order phones?? Is this sounding a bit creepy to anyone else? Let me add... the toilet pipes were screeching a constant screech. ALSO, our room was perfectly overlooking the pool, just a story or two above it. Nice view for an old perverted man looking for his next victim?? And the plot thickens... After finally getting into a new, and I must say VERY nice upgraded room overlooking the Bellagio fountain, we all settle and get ready for night one on the strip. While blasting some good ol' TI/Rihanna "Live Your Life" on my iPod (which we ALL love and wouldn't dare change mid-song), the song changes. I was like, WTF who changed the song!?!? Nobody. So I walk over to the iPod, look and notice that it has jumped ahead 3 songs. Ok thats weird, but glitches like that can happen. But then I notice the artwork... (a little insight, I'm kinda obsessed with having every song on my iPod, even random mixes, have album artwork...its organized and looks nice--and I really don't like when a song pops up with a pale blue box with a music note in it, lame.) So the artwork which should display a celebrity hip-hop artist has changed, instead it is a completely unprofessional photo of a young woman, blonde hair just past her shoulders, standing if front of a chain-link fence. NO joke. It just looked like a picture from someone's photo album, nothing special. But nothing I have EVER seen before... So I push the back arrow to the previous song, SAME PIC OF THE GIRL, again back to a dif song, SAME PIC... Every song on the playlist (which is a mix so all the artwork is different) has this girls picture on it. I'm so weirded out and go to show the other girls and the moment I approach them, the screen goes black. I click a button to light it back up, and it goes to the list-version of the playlist--no album artwork shown. I click on a song...the picture of the girl is gone. Its back to normal artwork. uuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh.... what the heck? Freaky?? Yes. It is like a scene from a movie, but I think this girl was taken to our first room by a maybe cute but little did she know freak-guy after laying out by the pool, stuff happens, and when she figures out his intentions.. she can't use the phones at all because he disconnected them, she can scream but the damn toilet screech covers her cry for help, and it ends bad. He discards her body in the walls or SOMETHING, and checks out like nothin happened. We arrive maybe a few days later, I suspect weird things have happened, so her spirit tries to tell me by putting the picture of her on the iPod and changing the song to get my attention...
Well, I can't truly explain the series of events, but that is my theory. I still don't know, and it still creeps me out. But what would you think??

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

k.. this story is freaking me out! Things like this don't happen for no reason.. Sarah you have psychic powers... you should go into business. Seriously. But don't come around me.. Im scared of that shiz. Love you.. and your psychic-ness.

Unknown said...

DURB!!! You should freaking write books. I was hooked!! I'm totally weirded out. I would have ran out of that hotel screaming for my life. Weird. The dead are trying to contact you.

The Ostlers said...

K I don't even know what to think about that story because that is some freaky crap going on!

VTS said...

Holy @*#$! The hair is raised on the back of my neck! Kinda wish that I didn't request your story. But glad to know that nothing happened to little ole you!

Emily and Clay said...

cREEpY!

Natalie said...

Hello! YOu have to follow through with this! Contact Planet Hollywood! What did they find as the cause of the stench in the first room? And have any young blonde girls gone inexplicably missing from las vegas? (probably lots have... hmm... where to begin?)And the killer certainly had to be the guest right before you, otherwise the next guest would have reported the phones not working. There are many clues. At the least, you should call CSI:Las Vegas. You've got their next episode.

The Hansen's said...

Oh my gosh that is freakY! P.S. we missed you girls yesterday, I hope you are now home safe and sound.