Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lucky me.

It just so happens that when something extraordinary happens in nature, I am the one who always misses it. Lunar eclipse? Meteor showers? Tornado passing by my front door? Ok ok, that never happened. But you catch my drift... Well tonight, I count myself lucky because I walked outside, looked up at the sky, and saw this......


Its hard to capture a good picture on my less than professional camera, but I did my best. Also, I could not put myself further into the ground or zoom out so I could capture the WHOLE thing. The ring is perfectly distanced and shaped around the whole moon. It is so cool. People probably think, 'uh yeah youngin you've never seen or heard of this before??' Well, no I haven't. But I am glad to say now that I have.

SO COOL.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also saw this.. beautiful.

The Ostlers said...

I'm afraid in Logan it is much too smoggy to see anything in the sky, but that is awesome!

VTS said...

Wow! That is pretty awesome. I'm fascinated when I see things like this. Did you ever find out why it happens?

Unknown said...

I've never heard of such a thing either! Thank you for catching it on your camera so I could partake of such beauty :D

me myself and Luna said...

My picture doesn't even EVEN come close to the direct eye contact with how cool/beautiful it was. Kinda eerie too, but awesome!

Natalie said...

Yeah, what the heck? People were talking about this the next day at work. And I for sure missed it. And Sarah, I, as your much older and wiser sister, have also never seen it. So you're cool, youngin. You're cool.

I wish I had seen it. Find out why it happens!

Anonymous said...

Sarah! My phone broke. I lost all my contacts. With that... I need your phone number. Asap. Text me lovely.

Chris and Brooklyn said...

Durb! You are alive! Your posts crack me up!

Anonymous said...

are you ever coming back?

Anonymous said...

please come back. i miss you. i was at your house the other day. i cried. i miss you something terrible.

Paige Keiter said...

Oh little cousin, if you only knew this is the result of massive pollution! hahaha Even if it gives us horrible lungs and gung in our throats the upside is pretty sunsets and rings around the moon.